Hardware Project Manager, Personal Care
At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
As a Project Manager, Personal Care at quip, you will be responsible for managing multiple initiatives that drive our Personal Care business forward!
The ideal candidate would have a proven track record in successfully managing complex, cross functional projects spanning both hardware product and process. This role requires an in-depth understanding of development lifecycle, consumer product commercialization, materials management, manufacturing processes, supply chain, and operations best practices. Project management tools, cross-functional collaboration, data analysis and reporting skills are critical to this role.
Base Salary: $100k-$120k
This range represents anticipated base salary range for this position, in addition to competitive benefits and equity (as applicable). We carefully assess and consider several factors with each candidate, including location, role-related knowledge, experience and skills. Compensation may vary based on these considerations.
- Manage product development for hardware and consumables from early idea through to mass production
- Innovate on processes to optimize project communication & product development that keep design and engineering feedback loops lightning fast
- Develop and execute project schedules, project plans including project charters, resource requirements, deliverables, and milestones
- Drive business case build (i.e. cost benefit analysis) for each discrete project
- Partner with leadership team and different functional groups to understand interdependencies and resource planning needs
- Utilize project management tools to accurately scope and track project performance and interdependencies
- Work through conflicting issues, roadblocks and dependencies; proactively manage risks, changes and communication with project stakeholders
- Manage all activities, communications, and documentation for projects ensuring timely execution and that all established KPI’s and OKR’s are met
- Ensure accurate and compliant product documentation is created and implemented for responsible projects inclusive of BOMs, product requirements documents, etc.
- Communicate expectations, timeline, and status to all stakeholders, project team, and external partners in a timely and accurate manner
- Define, create, and hold team accountable to project plans by monitoring and measuring all defined actions
- Measure financial impact (Project Budget, CAPEX, E&O, Cost Reduction)
- Develop, align, roll-out, and enforce best practices across Personal Care
- Maintain all relevant ERP and boundary system documentation related to project
- 5+ years of Project Management or Product Development experience required. Experience with consumer electronics or oral care industry is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or related business discipline
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing processes and techniques such as injection molding, stamping, casting, plating,, etc
- Experience working with outsourced design and manufacturers overseas
- Experience in a dynamic, omnichannel company environment.
- Extensive operating experience improving current business processes or implementing proven best practices
- Experience leading multiple projects simultaneously and a track record of delivering on agreed upon project objectives
- Well experienced in summarizing and presenting business information to all levels in the organization
- Proven expertise in Business Case Modeling and Project Management
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, and ability to prioritize workload
- Self-starter, highly detail oriented, with excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to coordinate internal resources in a matrix environment to accomplish project objectives
- Time management skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Smartsheet
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience in oral care industry
- Experience or familiarity with electronic design (PCBA + FW)
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Competitive medical benefits, quip covers 95% of medical coverage for employees, starting your first day of employment.
- Free dental benefits as part of quip's Dental Program (NYC Residents)
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits (~30% savings)
- Dependent care FSA
- Entire quip product line, refill plan, and employee discount
- $400 incentivized gym reimbursement through our insurance
- Open Vacation Policy
- Computer and supplies provided
- Employee Assistance Program, including mental health resources
- Fully-stocked kitchen with kombucha, cold brew, and beer on tap
- Fun and inclusive culture! We offer People Resource Groups including quip Pride and quip Womxn’s Network and Interest Groups like quip Book Club.
- Team and company happy hours
- quip Swag
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Competitive paid parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly office
- Sequoia Smartspend, offering discounts on things like travel, car rentals, cell phone plans, home goods, pet insurance, and more.
- High potential for growth in a start-up atmosphere
quip is a modern oral health company launched in 2015 that provides thoughtfully designed personal oral care products and professional dental care services through a digital platform that makes oral care more simple, accessible, and enjoyable. The current personal care offerings include a wide selection of American Dental Association accepted (ADA seal) adult and kid electric toothbrushes, smart brushes, refillable floss pick and string, refillable mouthwash and gum, all kept fresh with a refill delivery service. quip’s professional platform, which is behind quip Aligners and quipcare, is part of the company's future vision to connect personal care, oral health monitoring and professional care in one digital oral care companion app that helps access and manage all your oral care needs and guide and incentivize good oral health habits.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.