Sr. Sourcing Engineer
At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
We are looking for a Sourcing Engineer to manage cost reductions & efficiencies, quality, and continuity of supply and sourcing for new product introduction.
The ideal candidate will have strong data analytics and process improvement skills, strategic sourcing and contract negotiation experience, cost engineering, and a risk mitigation background. This role requires an in-depth comprehensive understanding of sourcing processes.
Base Salary: 100-135k
This range represents anticipated base salary range for this position, in addition to competitive benefits and equity (as applicable). We carefully assess and consider several factors with each candidate, including location, role-related knowledge, experience and skills. Compensation may vary based on these considerations.
- Collaborate with functional teams and peers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of materials while optimizing cost, lead-time, and quality.
Cost Reduction & Efficiency
- Review engineering BOMs and drawings to identify opportunities for cost reduction through negotiation, competitive quotation, and alternate sourcing.
- Become the subject matter expert for strategic commodities.
- Identify materials and components for consolidation potential.
- Negotiate Finished Goods & critical components Cost, Tooling Costs, Minimum Order Quantity, Lead Times and Delivery Schedules with Suppliers
Supply Base Strategy
- Develop Sourcing Plans that document Early Supplier Involvement, Supply Selection, Risk Mitigation Plans, Capacity Management and Supplier Ramp Up Plans and ensure the plans are executed.
- Drive Supply Base Selection by ensuring consensus with Engineering, Operations & Quality Managers to meet the business needs
- Identify key items for which it is crucial to have alternate suppliers
- Identify new suppliers to meet business needs
- Assess Supplier’s Capability with similar parts analysis or through demonstrated process controls on key manufacturing processes.
New Product Introduction - Advanced Sourcing
- Lead the bidding process for new products
- Provide overall Sourcing guidance for New Products that will be designed in-house and manufactured at internationally located Contract Manufacturers
- Work with CM’s to determine quantities and timing of materials to control inventory flow to the prototype floor and ensure continuity of supply in transitioning to production schedules.
- Responsible for the timely acquisition of material. Analyze pre-production purchasing requirements to generate and manage purchase orders for engineering demands.
- 7+ year directly related Supply Chain experience working with electro-mechanical products
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Supply Chain
- Demonstrated strength in data analytics and process improvement skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience working with Chinese Contract Manufacturers
- Experience in multicultural negotiations, contracting and supplier management activities
- Sound knowledge of sourcing processes and experience leading contract negotiations
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering prints and drawings
- PLM system experience
- CAD experience (Solidworks preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, & Outlook)
- Comfortable with challenging the status quo
- Clear, energetic, and engaging presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work with a team or independently and be a self-starter
- Possesses strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Willingness to travel as needed (approx. 20-25%)
- Outstanding negotiation skills and excellent analytical ability to identify and exploit key opportunities.
- Previous background using Six Sigma Methodologies and lean manufacturing preferred
- APICS ASCM Certification
- Bi-lingual skills a plus
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Competitive medical benefits, quip covers 95% of medical coverage for employees, starting your first day of employment.
- Free dental benefits as part of quip's Dental Program (NYC Residents)
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits (~30% savings)
- Dependent care FSA
- Entire quip product line, refill plan, and employee discount
- $400 incentivized gym reimbursement through our insurance
- Open Vacation Policy
- Computer and supplies provided
- Employee Assistance Program, including mental health resources
- Fully-stocked kitchen with kombucha, cold brew, and beer on tap
- Fun and inclusive culture! We offer People Resource Groups including quip Pride and quip Womxn’s Network and Interest Groups like quip Book Club.
- Team and company happy hours
- quip Swag
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Competitive paid parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly office
- Sequoia Smartspend, offering discounts on things like travel, car rentals, cell phone plans, home goods, pet insurance, and more.
- High potential for growth in a start-up atmosphere
quip is a modern oral health company launched in 2015 that provides thoughtfully designed personal oral care products and professional dental care services through a digital platform that makes oral care more simple, accessible, and enjoyable. The current personal care offerings include a wide selection of American Dental Association accepted (ADA seal) adult and kid electric toothbrushes, smart brushes, refillable floss pick and string, refillable mouthwash and gum, all kept fresh with a refill delivery service. quip’s professional platform, which is behind quip Aligners and quipcare, is part of the company's future vision to connect personal care, oral health monitoring and professional care in one digital oral care companion app that helps access and manage all your oral care needs and guide and incentivize good oral health habits.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.