Senior Manager, Product Research & Insights
We are seeking a highly analytical and experienced Senior Manager for Product Research & Insights to own the design, execution, and analysis of consumer research and product qualification plans for Coterie. Reporting to the VP, Product Development, the successful candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver actionable insights that drive business decisions.
- Own the design, execution, and analysis of all consumer research related to new product qualification and product launch tracking for Coterie.
- Work with Product Marketing and Product Development teams to design consumer qualification plans for initiatives at different stages (from exploratory to design validation), and recommend specific test designs for each case to answer the business questions / drive business decisions.
- Decide when a test will be conducted in-house and when to rely on suppliers for design and execution.
- Design, program, and analyze surveys using Survey Monkey or similar platforms, including programming logic and segmentation of test results if the test is conducted in-house.
- Assess supplier capabilities, review supplier quotes and timelines, provide input on questionnaire design, supervise test execution and timelines, and vet the analysis if the test is run with a 3rd party.
- Share insights and learnings from all consumer tests with the pertinent stakeholders and provide recommendations and implications for projects.
- Develop and maintain research project timelines, ensuring tests are completed on time and within budget.
- Continuously improve the insights and research process to increase efficiency and quality.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research methodologies and trends in the industry.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in market research, statistics, psychology or a related field, or background in engineering and experience in product research & development.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role, with a strong background in consumer research and insights for consumer products. Ideally with experience in the baby care industry (including but not limited to diapering products), personal care or other absorbent products.
- Strong project management skills, with experience being part of cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to go deep into data to understand the why behind test results.
- Must combine both the quantitative analytical skills with the qualitative and softer understanding of consumer behavior, emotions, unarticulated needs and pain points.
- Experience with product design attributes and sensory testing is a plus, as well as diary testing for product performance evaluations.
- Proficient in Survey Monkey or similar survey platforms.
- Experience managing suppliers and vendors.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects.
The expected salary for this role is $120,000 - 150,000 depending on a number of factors including job, level, experience and skill set. If you meet the qualifications for this position and are passionate about delivering actionable insights that drive business decisions, we encourage you to apply.
- Great compensation package
- Meaningful equity stake
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- 16 week Parental Leave
- Maven - family planning program for employees and partners
- Commuter benefits thru WageWorks
- 50% employee discount code that can be applied on all orders for your household
- $900 Work-from-home furnishing stipend
- Flexible work environment
- Unlimited paid time off
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coterie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.